CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Scott's birthday- late as usual


I love this picture of Scott holding Logan A. several months ago. He loved to whisper "football" into Logan's ear and he would sit in amazement as Scott told him about touchdowns, flags, and all sorts of manly stuff. Scott turned 35 on the 11th of this month, and I was busy away in Ogden opening a new CFA, so I did not get to spend any time with him, and am just now catching up to wish him a happy birthday! I am sorry honey for not being around and leaving you to be the babysitter the whole week during your birthday :) Here a 35 reasons I love Scott. Yes- a long list, but I have some wife points to earn back after not being around...
  • He is as handsome today as when I met him 12 years ago
  • He loves his children
  • He spends as much time as he can with his family and loves them very much
  • He loves to go help his Grandma at her home
  • He works hard to save other people's lives at work
  • He loves teachng our Primary class, despite my constant whining and total hatred of the task, he still teaches it with a smile on his face.
  • He loves to keep our house clean
  • He always does the list of tasks I leave for him when I go to work, every single day.
  • He helped me with Christmas shopping this year for the first time- yipee!!
  • He makes the bed every day
  • He is loyal to his friends and does his best to keep in touch with them
  • He is very forgiving
  • He has recently learned he loves to read
  • He puts up with my strange sense of humor and watches all my favorite SNL clips with me, even though he never thinks they are funny.
  • He rubs my feet after a long day at work
  • He quit drinking diet coke
  • He is trying to be more healthy
  • He cleans our cars
  • He is very patient with our kids while helping with homework
  • He is a good role model for Kyller, who had never before had a positive male role in his life. Kyller loves his Daddy so much
  • He Cooks!
  • He sold his boat when we were in between CFA's and had no income so we would not have to go into debt- a HUGE sacrifice for him.
  • He LOVES BYU football and takes at least one of the kids to every home game.
  • He is willing to travel wherever the kids and I want to go
  • He loves our dogs and treats them like a million bucks
  • He is VERY strong. I watched him kick down a door the other day- it only took 2 kicks and it was a thick, locked, strong door. (What a man :)
  • He is very faithful and devoted to me
  • He is very intelligent
  • He will share what we have been blessed with with others, even if I surprise him with things after it has already been done- he is never selfish or questions what I have done.
  • He teaches the kids to keep their spaces clean
  • He helps me weed the gardens
  • He loves to mow the lawn and use his snowblower
  • He works hard to become a better Engineer at the fire department every chance he gets- he attends a lot of trainings.
  • He absolutely loves his job

I love you Scott! Happy 35th birthday. I hope you have a great time with your Mom at the CFA bowl in Atlanta :)

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday, Scott!!! I love you so much. You are a fantastic brother and as manly (and teddy bear like) as they come. Thanks for always giving you little sis a big hug when you see her.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday, Scott! It was good to see you guys at the Barber party - so sorry Rilee was sick!!

Dan said...

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTTY-DOOOOOOO!

Randa Pickle said...

Becky, what a nice post about Scott. You are a great couple and as his Mom, I think he is the greatest.

We did have a great trip to Atlanta seeing the ChickFiLa Bowl. Thanks for putting that together.

Love ya all. Happy Birthday Scott, can't believe you are 35. Wow.

Mom